My practice at Spring Law focuses on employment and human rights law, and technology in the workplace in Canada. I have a range of clients, from technology start-ups, to individuals terminated at the end of their maternity leave, to financial services organizations, to US global companies with an operation in Canada.
My services include:
- advising employers on hiring, managing and firing issues in the workplace;
- advising on social media disputes and crisis management, BYOD programs and ownership of online content issues;
- advising on privacy policies and compliance;
- conducting workplace training on social media compliance and privacy issues;
- drafting employment contracts, restrictive covenants and non-competition agreements;
- advising on revenue sharing, bonus and commission plans;
- reviewing executive contracts and advising employees on their offer agreements;
- “Canadianizing” handbooks and employment agreements, and advising on day-to-day employment law matters for US employers with employees in Canada;
- conducting “Bootcamps on Canadian Employment Law” for US employers with operations in Canada;
- advising on termination letters, releases and protocol in Canada; and
- representing parties in wrongful dismissal court actions and human rights tribunal matters.