Come join SpringLaw’s smart, tech-forward team!
We are a busy team of lawyers looking for a marketing whizz to help spread the word to employers and employees who could really use our innovative tech-forward legal solutions. This is the perfect role for a marketing generalist who is passionate about employment law, or law in general. If you are a brand-builder, with a talent for project management, and you’re looking for a high-impact position to grow your career, SpringLaw might be for you!
What You’ll Do
The Marketing Manager will work closely with both SpringLaw’s leadership and the broader team, and act as both a project manager and an executor for the firm and lawyers to ensure our brand message is strong and consistent, across a variety of platforms and venues. The goals with marketing are primarily to drive revenue, audience awareness of our services, and making sure our branding and content are engaging, educational and current. You’ll collaborate with leadership on budgets, strategies and programs, and they’ll have approval on your ideas and final deliverables. We know that marketing is a huge field and we don’t expect a generalist to handle all facets alone but you must be able to specialize in two of the listed key areas. You are expected to have enough generalist knowledge to project manage third parties and assess the work they do that can’t be done in-house.
- Developing & coordinating written, video, and visual content for social media channels, website, PR, newsletter, email marketing, etc that showcase our latest initiatives and news, or things that we align with. This will involve learning from our experts in-house, helping us write copy, and project managing our experts in-house for the content they develop;
- Bringing that content to life, optimizing, developing and executing campaigns, determining the various aligned and appropriate channels for us, driving engagement;
- Managing social media, content, posts, comments and contacts;
- Sourcing and arranging strategic opportunities for SpringLaw to engage (eg. events, meetings, speeches, awards, media interviews, etc.)
- Sponsorship & speaking engagement coordination (tech set up, forms, headshots & bios, presentation decks, etc.);
- Executing marketing strategies to attract (eg. paid ads) and onboard our ICP and leads from clients that aren’t already aware of us;
- Analyzing the impact of current marketing initiatives and optimizing accordingly;
- General maintenance and updates of website (WordPress and WooCommerce);
- Coordinating with appropriate vendors for website technical issues, SEO, paid online ads, and any other outsourced work;
- Providing regular project, data and accountability updates to the leadership team on all marketing initiatives (we use the EOS model);
- Other tasks and duties in the scope and spirit of a marketing role
What You’ll Bring
We are looking for someone collaborative, creative, forward-thinking, tech-enthusiastic and who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment. Our ideal Marketing Generalist:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, business, communications, or similar;
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills. An ability to convey complex ideas in a concise, clear, direct, and lively style;
- Proven experience developing and executing marketing plans and campaigns across channels;
- Experience with design and layout – our preferred style is minimalist and modern;
- Experience with media relations, understanding soundbites and appealing outreach. If you have experience in pitching for PR opportunities that would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of either HR or any legal area is an advantage;
- Expert skills in project management. Plans and organizes their own work using project management tools (Asana) in support of achieving the team’s objectives. Experience in EOS is an advantage;
- Expert skills in research and analytics. Promotes the use of data within the team and contributes to wider decision-making;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Workplace, Social Media Channels and Social Media monitoring and marketing automation tools (Buffer, Hootsuite, etc) and design tools like Canva;
- And finally … we are a group of hard-working innovative individuals with can-do attitudes. We are kind to each other and we all help out wherever we can. We have fun and we’re respectful no matter how busy we get. We avoid egos and brilliant jerks. Our collaborative culture is in our firm’s DNA. We’re looking for someone aligned with our firm’s core values who will be a positive and creative addition to our team!
What Sets Us Apart
- The Marketing Generalist role is high impact – you will feel your direct impact on the company, our mission and our audiences.
- SpringLaw is a virtual employment law boutique whose purpose and passion is to disrupt traditional law for better client solutions. We solve workplace law issues through leading-edge, tech-forward collaboration.
- We work hard on complex legal matters for our wide range of both employer and employee clients.
- We believe in using tech and automation to deliver legal services more efficiently so that we can focus on connecting with our clients IRL and on a human level.
- We have been virtual since the start! The firm was founded 6 years ago on a paperless and virtual model and built to thrive in our new online environment.
- We have lots of collaborative systems to keep us all connected, including daily watercooler chat on our internal channels, recurring mentoring and office hour meetings, quarterly meet-ups, annual all-team strategy retreat out of town, and our monthly optional co-working day at Verity on Queen (Toronto).
- We are an equal opportunities employer and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset. We maintain awareness of and continue to be sensitive to structural oppression/privilege at work and in the communities we serve.
- Salary: $75,000-$90,000
- Location: Remote (Ontario)
- Benefits: full range of health & dental; DB pension plan, education allowance and learning & development experiences; generous paid sick days & vacation, pregnancy/parental leave top-up.
How to Apply
If you meet 80% or more of the ideal requirements – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Amanda Termeulen and attach your resume in pdf format and your portfolio (or links to it). What about a cover letter? We’d prefer a 60-second video introducing yourself, and letting us know something that stood out to you in this post that made you say “this is for me”, and something role or company-related that you’re interested in learning more about. If making a video is not possible for you at the moment, don’t let it stop you from applying. Including the information in a short paragraph in your cover email is fine. SpringLaw is an equity-seeking organization. People who identify as being from marginalized communities, including Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people identifying as LGBTQ2+, and people from low-income backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in our hiring process. Please contact Amanda Termeulen at email@example.com with your needs or any questions you have about this.
What to Expect
Selected candidates will be invited to a first-round interview. Following that selected candidates will be invited to a second and possibly third interview. Candidates taking part in the full interview process will meet a mix of operations and legal services team members, and our Founder & Managing Partner, Lisa Stam. To help with the efficiency of the process, there will likely be two interviewers in each session. All interviews will be online via Google Meets. We are expecting – ideally – that we will be extending an offer of employment to our new Marketing Manager in April/May.